Council Tool 2# Hatchet with 14″ Curved Hickory Handle
Council Tool 2# Hatchet with 14" Curved Hickory Handle Features
The Council Tool 2# Hatchet is ideal for one-handed work and general camp chores.
- Forged tool steel head
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least 1/2 inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of RC 48-55 and target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition
- Heat coated with red enamel and cutting edge in clear lacquer to deter rust
- 14" American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite, and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight, and does not change size with moisture content
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2" of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly
Items may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase. Your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. To complete your return/exchange, we require a receipt or proof of purchase. You are responsible for paying your own shipping costs for returning/exchanging your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of shipping will be deducted from your refund. More information about our return/exchange policy can be found at https://store.egps.net/pages/returns-exchanges
Orders are usually shipped within 1-2 business days (with some exclusions such as made-to-order items). Please keep in mind that the delivery times displayed at checkout are an approximation. If you need your order by a specific date, please call us at 770-695-3361.